Re: Defective exhaust citat

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Mon Aug 31 1998 - 16:31:09 EDT

   Not all cops have ticket quota's (most do). My brother is distinctly
allergic to giving tickets and will only do so if you make a completely
bone-brained mistake right infront of him. Of course, being a Deputy Sheriff
his primary function is to protect and patrol, not ticket. He's got a huge
area to cover and writing tickets is very non-productive.
   This is just the opposite from the CHP. It says right on a CHiP'ys badge
"State Traffic Officer" which is tantamount to saying "I write tickets". So
it's quota central for those guys. Most city cops have quota's as well cause
the cities use ticket proceeds in the budget's and have to rely on "X" amount
of income.

Shaun
Tustin, CA