Re: Dakota 2WD and Snow!!!

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Mon Aug 31 1998 - 16:31:06 EDT

>We crashed our 92 2wd is a light rain when the rear end slid. Now that you
>have mentioned it I think we will add some weight to our 96 2wd.

   I'll report back to the list when it decides to rain here in CA again, but
so far I've had no traction problems on sandy/dirty roads or (sprinkler) wet
roads. I think this is due to the anti-slip differential (sure-grip) but I'm
not sure. My roommate (the Dodge Fleet Manager) says he did a test in the Dak
(a 2WD) where they parked half on a wet sheet of plastic and half off. They
hit the gas and the truck took off like normal, the tire on the wet plastic
didn't spin as the diff put all the torque to the tire on the dry road. I
think this would work for rain and snow as well...

Shaun
Tustin, CA