1.6 rockers v.s.TB mods,was:Magnum Performance Throttle Body?

From: O26ON4@aol.com
Date: Sun Aug 30 1998 - 11:26:23 EDT

<< Hay Steve.
 Hold off on the throttle body for a couple of days. I have been playing with
 a couple of these (flow work, different shafts, different plate sizes, etc,
 etc, etc, etc).
 If this works according to plan, it could save you a lot of money.
         Frank >>
Thanks for the advice.

On another note, does anyone know if a modified TB or a set of 1.6 ratio
roller rocker arms offers the best bang for the buck? After all, the object to
creating more hp is to get air in and air out, the more air the more hp.
Shouldn't increasing the lift be a better mod prior to the TB? I don't know,
hopefully some of you guys with more experience can answer this. My philosophy
is to modify in the correct sequence, i.e., always alleviate the bottleneck
(which keeps moving) one step at a time. Obviously we all strive to do this,
however, philosophies vary on how to accomplish this, especially when one is
trying to achieve maximum improvement on a budget- better known as bang for
the buck. Your comments are welcome.
Regards,
Steve Waller in Houston