RE: Received my JBA's...

From: Michael & Jeannine Reynolds (jeanninemike@fuse.net)
Date: Sun Aug 30 1998 - 09:46:57 EDT

Hello DML:

I received my JBA's last Friday (ordered on 8/3). They look pretty good. I
had them ceramic coated and they do look nice with the shiny finish. I
think the quality is O.K. I'm no judge of welding, but my ports do have a
little "popcorn", but nothing major. I was concerned about the manner in
which the tubes were fitted into the mounting flange. It looks like trying
to put a round peg into a square hole! Then I noticed on page 142 of the
current 4 Wheeler magazine, that the JBAs being installed on the Ram look
the same way. So, I guess this is just the way that they are made. I will
probably put my set on within the next couple of weeks. Does anyone have
any plans of putting the installation instructions on the DML home page? I
think it would be most helpful.

I was visiting a local hobby store last week and found that they have a
model of the 97-98 Dakota CC 4X4 in flame red with the T&H package. It
looked just like mine! I was seriously thinking of buying it, but it was a
snap together model, which I have always disliked. It was 1:24 scale and
made by Monogram, I believe. I hope someone will make a 1:24 glue together
kit soon.

After the Dodge dealer replaced my cam and lifters, I have noticed that my
transmission shifts have changed. 90% of the time, the trans shifts
normally. But, when I am accelerating at part throttle, especially up a
grade, the trans will shift from 2-3-2 very abruptly. It feels like the
trans is hunting, and isn't sure what gear it should be in. Could this be
caused by a TV cable adjustment? If so, what is the proper adjustment
procedure? TIA for any help or advice!

Michael Reynolds
'98 Dakota CC 4X4
Flame Red 5.2L