RE: Am I getting ripped off?

From: Joel Znamenacek (Joel@zracer.com)
Date: Sat Aug 29 1998 - 13:11:21 EDT

No, if any dirt goes through it goes down the throttle body into the
intake manifold, through the intake valve, into the combustion chamber
out the exhaust etc.
You get what you pay for sometimes. Buying cheap gas is not the right
place to cut corners and save a buck. In the owners manual it says to
run 87+ and use a detergent fuel. Chevron is good because they use
techroline (or techron forget which) as a detergent. Also Texaco, they
use system3 as their cleanser. So get the injectors cleaned and run
good fuel. Also don't run on empty because all the sediments get sucked
into the fuel system and clogs things up. Fill up at a min of 1/4 tank.
Note, you might try a can of berrymans B-3 fuel system cleaner before
spending that much again. Its inexpensive and worth a shot.

Joel

My question is, could the dirt be because I have an open element K&N? I
remember a long thread about the dirt allowed by the filter? The filter
is
only 4 months old, (14k miles). As for gas, I usually buy the cheapest
can find 87 Octane. Could it be gas quality? Should I be doing an
additive
every month or so?

>From the Cyber-desk of ............... edgarperez@writeme.com
'95 SLT CC 4x4 V6 Auto DDBC Extang Saber Tonneau