Re: strange "clunk" when turning

From: ChrisQC1@aol.com
Date: Fri Aug 28 1998 - 19:15:18 EDT

MY 98 R/T has a clunk on tight radius turns, but my dealer shrugs and
claims
he can't duplicate the problem therefore it doesn't exist, just like my
tranny
overheating / slipping problem from a few months back.

Anyway, this strange abnormality seems to occur only in parking lots or
other
areas where you have low speeds, less then 20 mph, and turn a bit
tighter
turning radius then the usual. I guess pulling into my driveway is where
notice it most often.

Chris Sobaszek
1998 R/T CC

There is a TSB out on the new body style about a bad cab mount bushing
something or other. Only happens at low speed in a sharp turn that
induces body twist, like turning into a driveway. It is number
23-65-97A. Dated Dec. 97. Someone posted a link here that led to
alldata.com and they have a database to search manufacturers for recalls
and TSB's. I used it to search for my 98 4x4 dak, my brother's 98
Durango and his 97 Ram Cummins 4x4.

--
Drew Schofield
1998 Sport 4x4 5.2 CC Black