RE: Update on shifting problem.., Shauns.

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Mon Aug 31 1998 - 15:24:59 EDT

shaun,
My R/T used to do about the same thing. I could feel that downshift at
times that I thought it might be "inappropriate" But, I just put on a new
throttle body, and this feature seems to have disappeared AND, the shifts
have gotten firmer, even without my JET II chip, which burned out on me
Saturday... I think Colin put it well, the kickdown adjustment is a finicky
and powerfull thing. The new TB came with a mount for the cables and the
differences between the new and old basically "fixed" my transmission (4K
miles and counting) Since I did not adjust anything. More about the new TB
later...
BKB