Quarter Mile times (I'm terrible)

From: Robert Trottmann (rotrottmann@davidson.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 31 1998 - 19:00:43 EDT

Just to let y'all know, I went to the drag strip before I left for
school, and got to make one run. I was up against a Dart w/ nitrous,
whose RT was .506. I ran a 15.33. But get this, my RT was 1.2!!!!!!
It looks so slow from the stands, but I got up there, did a burn out,
staged, the next thing I know I'm staring at a green light. I figure w/

a perfect RT, thats an ET of mid- 14's. Considering I was afraid of
spinning my tires down the strip, and didn't even give it full gas for a

few seconds ( or was it milliseconds....who knows). Either way, I was
happy w/ what my times say about my potential performance. A daily-
driver w/ a nice sound system running mid 14's. Life is good. And btw,

350 IROCs are nothing.
Later,
Robert

The R/T has nothing to do with E/T. The R/T clock starts when the
ambers come on, but the e/t timers don't start till you break the
staging beams...so you would still run a 15.33 with a .500 light. Only
'trick' to drag racing is to deep stage. If you have slow r/t
consistently it will help, but it is much easier to redlight this way.

--
Drew Schofield
1998 Sport 4x4 5.2 CC Black