Re: R/T on Rail Car

From: W. Jack Hilton III (hemi@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Sep 02 1998 - 11:08:42 EDT

You would think that they would have something like a GPS locator system
for each car so that it could be tracked .

They already do this with many trucking companies , they can locate your
truck within' something like 30 feet .

The big drawback that I would see with that would be that a rail car would
not have a power supply for the reciever/transmitter .

>Gene,
>Its a funny thing that you mentioned the Railcar number in your email. A
>couple of days ago I was sitting here at work talking with my
>development team, telling them how I call Dodge Customer Service daily
>to get an update on my 99 Dakota R/T. I told them that I thought it
>would be cool to track where it was at when it gets on the rail. Like
>how you can track your packages with UPS. One of the members of the
>development teams informs me that her last programming assignment was
>working for TTG on the Rail Car Allocations system that ships
>cars/trucks. I could not believe it. I will give her the rail car
>number and see if she can get some more info for you.
>Just thought I would share the story.
>Looks like Dakota R/T finished inspection yesterday and maybe will ship
>today!!
>Tim
>
>>Yes sir...........I called CC today and my truck was loaded aboard
>Norfolk Southern RR ,TTGX99027. Looks like it may be here much sooner
>than I expected. Maybe in time >for the DML South Central Meet at
>Houston Raceway Park, 26-27 Sep. Now the 68 Charger can have a garage
>buddy!
>>Gene in Houston
>

>Tim May
>tmay@abercrombiekent.com