Re: JBA sealing domes

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Wed Sep 02 1998 - 09:27:27 EDT

Boog

JBA should have supplied the "sealing domes" as they refer to them on the
instructions. THey also call them "donuts." Call Jeff at 800-830-3377 ext
105. When I got my headers, that was all I got, headers. I called Jeff
and asked where the hardware was and also axed about the donuts. He
'splained it to me and sent them. They are really rough and they take up
a lot of space. I thought about not using them but didn't want any leaks.
So far I don't have any leaks, but the nut to the Y-pipe flange doesn't
cover too many threads. I think I will replace them with bolts that are
at least a half-inch longer.

Richard in SA

On Tue, 1 Sep 1998 21:36:45 EDT Boog318@aol.com writes:
>Your JBA's were leaking from the down pipe flange? My driver side
>flange is
>leaking too. I put some bolts with full length thread on and athey
>tightened
>up enough to where you cant hear the leak, but you can still feel it
>all the
>way around. What are these sealing domes? I figure the only way that
>I am
>gonna solve it is to heat up the Y pipe and then torque it down. No
>exact fit
>here.
>Boog
>92, 318 4x4 (front diff adds 2 hrs to install!)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]