Oil Filter Help

From: Dave Underwood (duwood@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Sep 01 1998 - 13:55:41 EDT

Hi,

I'm Dave Underwood and I wanted to lurk a little longer before introducing
myself but I need a little help.

I've got a fairly new 98 V-6 Dakaota and I planned on performing the first
oil change today. After draining the oil, I tried to get the factory oil
filter off but this thing just doesn't want to come off.

It looks fairly easy to get to but so far all I've done is twist up my oil
filter wrench and skinned up knuckles on both hands. Before I get the
screwdriver and hammer out, I figured I'd better see if anyone else has had
this problem. I'm assuming the filter uses normal threads and unscrews
counterclockwise.

To make matters worse, the truck is drained of oil and half way in the
garage. Also, I just got a call that a disgruntled employee tried to erase
a bunch of files and programs where she works so I've got to put the truck
on hold until I go see what can be recovered there.

I'd planned to have a better first post, but at least this will give me a
chance to cool down before I really break something. ;^)

Thanks in advance,

Dave Underwood