RE: Oil Filter Help

From: Weingart, Robert F (rweingart@lucent.com)
Date: Wed Sep 02 1998 - 10:07:04 EDT

Dave-

Sorry that I am a little late in responding.
I use an oil filter wrench that looks like a large set of slip jaw pliers.
It fits just about all filter sizes because of the slip joint design. The
handle is about 8" long and gives more then enough leverage. When you clamp
this thing on a filter, it WILL come off. It does crush the filter slightly
when it digs in, but it does not slip (saving your knuckles). It is made by
Eastwood (KD has an similar version but without the slip joint) and cost
about $30. This thing gives you revenge for all of those pain in the ass
filters you busted your knuckles on.