JET is toast?(was Magnum Performance Throttle Body)

From: Bob Mankin (bob@cadpros.com)
Date: Tue Sep 01 1998 - 13:53:31 EDT

Bridges, Bruce wrote:

> The R/T was running great with NO bad side effects and what felt like a lot
> more power! It was late so I parked it after a 30 mile cruise and went in
> for the evening. The next morning I got ready for the strip by washing the
> truck. After the wash I started it and got a check engine light. OUCH! it
> ran like hell. To make this short, it ended up being the JET chip giving up
> the ghost on me...

<snipped>

Bruce,

I was thinking about this one last night.

I washed my truck on Saturday and the roughness started right
afterwards. You washed yours and the JET went bye-bye. Connection or
coincidence?

I pulled the chip last night and it idles much better. Haven't felt the
surging either. The truck is in the shop for the lowering job at the
moment, but I plan to give JET a call today and see about a replacement.

Bob