New Gizmo Problem

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Wed Sep 02 1998 - 19:45:21 EDT

   I just seem to have the wierdest things happen to my poor Dak. While dying
of heat out here in California, I noticed a problem with my external
thermometer (Overhead Console Group). During the eveings and mornings, it's
normal. During the blazing hot daytime, it reads whatever the last thing it
read when I shut it down before going into the office. Yesterday at 8AM it
read 87 degrees. At lunch in 95+degree heat, it still read 87 degrees. This
morning at 8AM it read 79 degrees, at lunch in 100+ degree heat it still read
79 degrees. I think it's haunted or just frightened of high temps. Time for
Mr. Dealership to replace some things methinks... I've seen it read as high as
105 degrees so I know it can handle triple digits. Anyone else see this?
   One other thing. If you hold down both buttons for reset while it's still
in compass/temp mode it reads "VAR 8" on the display and you can adjust it
between 1 and 14. Anyone know what this adjustment is for?

Shaun H.
Tustin, CA.