RE: More Ongoing paint problems

From: Mark Bate (kd6rmi@k6.net)
Date: Sat Sep 05 1998 - 19:37:56 EDT

It sounds like they feel they can shine you on and get away with it. Three =
strikes and they are out. I would avoid that organization in the future =
and get a quote from the best body shop in town. Ask at some Mercedes =
repair places and get some referrals where they would go to get the best =
paint job. Pick one with good references and get a "Mercedes quality" =
estimate. Tell them you want the best paint!

Then mail a certified letter to the dealership detailing your three =
attempts and asking for them to pay for the $5000 it should cost. Mention =
that if you do not get an answer in seven days you will contact all the =
local TV & radio consumer shows and CC. If that does not do it a good =
lawyer will get you a free truck.

Dkota4by4 wrote:
>Well, for all of you who remember my paint problems...they continue. I =
just
>picked my truck up from the dealer for a repaint for the THIRD time. The
>first time they were supposed to (according to the Asst. service manager)
>strip the truck to the metal, prep, prime, and respray. Well, that never
>happened because the spots were still there. The second time....same
>thing...but when l picked the truck up...there were scratches in the hood =
in
>addition to the pits. Now, l pick it up the third time (again they were
>supposed to take it to the metal and start over) and same thing...=
including
>the scratches. These guys have done nothing but buff the truck each time.=

>While l was waiting for them to bring my truck around l talked to the =
body
>shop manager and he told me they had stripped the truck and started over =
from
>scratch. After looking at the truck (and a few expletives) he told me =
they
>didn't strip the truck because they decided there was no need to...even =
though
>they charged CC for a full $1500 paint job. (l hate to be lied to) When =
>took it in the last time the Service manager admitted that it "didn't =
appear"
>that the top was ever touched. Now they want me to take it to them again =
and
>let them "fix it right". My question is..what should l do? I do NOT =
want to
>take it back because they have already ruined it 3 times. but what are =
my
>options. When l call CC they say they want to let their factory rep take =
>look at it..but he hasn't called me back once since May... Any and all =
advice
>is welcome and appreciated. I may have to call the BBB and the local =
news
>station (they do a segment on consumer rip offs)...
>
>Russ
>97 4X4 318 CC

I hope this helps.

Mark Bate
KD6RMI@K6.net
+1.510.429-9100
Think different... Beware of geeks bearing gifts.
W 116.33 Euro/M 117.??