Re: Lowering the rear only

From: Robert Trottmann (rotrottmann@davidson.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 07 1998 - 21:36:23 EDT

Parallel, go with cast iron. Some people on the DML have had problems with them
cracking, but you get what you pay for. I've got 2" Bell Tech iron blocks, have had
them for about two years with about 40,000 miles on them. Yes, I paid $30 when I
could have paid $15, but they're still on my truck. If you have a 97+ there are
more options such as spindles and shackles, but I believe they change the suspension
geometry, which is a bad thing somehow.
-Robert

bnich@bellatlantic.net wrote:

> I'd like to level out my truck it seems like the rear is 2" higher than
> the front. Anybody done this yet. Can I do it with Blocks? I hear the alum.
> ones are NG. I have a machine shop so I could make a pair out of plate.
> Any one know if they are paralell or have an angle? Thanks again Bob
> (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
> (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
> /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
> / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
> * ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
> ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
> Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)

Mailto:rotrottmann@davidson.edu
http://www.davidson.edu/personal/rotrottmann/default.htm
Davidson, NC
95 Sport 318 Auto 2WD