Re: putting tubes is tubeless tires

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Thu Sep 10 1998 - 13:47:00 EDT

Boog,

   I was just suprised by the fire the original letter drew. Interestingly
enough, most of the flame was generated by folks with their own opinions and
others responding sarcastically to those opinions, then finally the sarcasm
pissed someone off. As a frequent wielder of sarcasm, I know it when I see
it. Problem is, not everyone does, so I try to eliminate it from e-mail where
it's harder for people to see that I'm joking. I just didn't want anyone to
think that I was mad at them (execept for Goodyear, I *AM* mad at them. The
damn pinhole is right under one of their own injection flashing marks and they
won't take it as a defect.). I certainly hope that everyone just lets it go.
   I have used tubes in radials without a problem: back when I was dirt poor.
Now I make enough money to afford $80-$100 for an new tire so I'll just buy
another one. I have seen both sides of the issue and was just a little
suprised that it drew such heat.
   As far as the "Hand out the window" and other similar jokes. I saw them
for what they were (and even added my own yuks onto them). Cute, but they
generated a TON of mail. Maybe we should just make those add-ons JOKE #1 and
have someone say "Joke #1" and we all laugh... oh, you heard that one already.
^_^
   Compass is fine, the temp gauge is still looney as a parade of clowns
though. My roommate says "tell me you aren't going to take your truck in for
just that?" then turns around and wants to take in his BMW because the clock
went blank. I had a good laugh on him over that one.

Shaun H.
Tustin, CA