Re: why do women do that?

From: Jason & Norah (janor@ican.net)
Date: Thu Sep 10 1998 - 13:46:14 EDT

I may have an answer or two on this, but then this is just my experiences
and I hope it helps.

I've never been very confident with someone else driving unless I'm
confident in their driving skill. My father used to drive the big rigs up
and down the Alaska Highway, and I could sleep so peacefully beside him, no
matter how treacherous the roads or the weather. I knew how he drove and I
knew that I was safe. I feel the same with Jason behind the wheel. This
was all before the accident of course, but I was never comfortable with
having a driver and his skill that I wasn't sure of.

However since the accident, I've become spooked by all the other reckless
drivers on the road. I'm still comfortable with Jason driving, but as for
his brother or his mother.... well, I'd rather walk. I'm sure they drive
fine, but it boils down to a matter of trust and confidence. I just don't
know their driving skill well enough to feel comfortable. Once I'm sure
that you know what you're doing and drive defensively, I'm fine. Speed
isn't the issue, it's the ability to avoid the other a**holes that seem to
materialize out of nowhere. As for cab drivers, my nails are usually
embedded into the seat while my heart leaps into my throat. Being a
passenger with these guys is definitely a latent death wish.

There is also the problem of the way a lot of women have grown up. Their
parents tend to shelter them from all the fun stuff - fast cars, wanting to
know how things work and why, computers, science, and getting dirty.
Afterall, we were always told that we shouldn't like those things, as it's
just for the boys.
Unfortunately most women don't get involved because "it's too difficult" and
"I won't understand" have been drilled into them. They have been led to
believe that stupidy attracts men. Maybe attract, but never for a long time
and never respected. And these women, really don't know any better. They
just plod through their lives worrying about fashion, makeup and the
good-looking guy that they're trying to attract to be their toy of the day.

Sorry, I'll get off of my high horse - lecture over! I just have a problem
dealing with stupid people, not just stupid women. And the world sure has a
lot of them. The brain is truly a horrible thing to waste. **Elitist mode
shut down!!!**

Anyway, back to DAKS!! Sorry again for rambling and going off topic.

Norah