Re: RE: Jack Hilton actually does a mod

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Thu Sep 10 1998 - 11:17:19 EDT

Bruce -

The worst part was that I sent my dad out to both Autozone and Advance for
a regular gasket for the stat . He comes back and says that they didn't
have one for a 5.9 .

After calling their various family members names , I ended up making one .

I also asked him to get some plain old RTV (I like a thin coat) and he
comes back with the Super HEavy Duty Ultra Copper Blah Blah Blah RTV . I
guess my gasket won't leak now unless I get the coolant up to about the
same temp as the surface of the sun .

At 07:16 AM 9/10/1998 -0700, you wrote:
>Jack,
>That JET gasket is a menace and should be ignored.... I "used" it and when
>I pulled up to the gas station for that tank of premium I noticed steam
>coming from the hood. The gasket was cut by the edge of the thermostat...
>Im not sure what application that gasket is for, but its not the 360 magnum
>engine...
>BKB

Jack Hilton

HEMI@charter.net