Re: Shift Knob....DML Ideas Worked

From: Rader (rlr@rtp-bosch.com)
Date: Thu Sep 10 1998 - 09:04:02 EDT

> To remove the 5 speed shift knob:
>
> o Carefully pry the plastic cap off the knob. It may help if you heat the
> knob slightly to make it a little more plyable.

  A couple of people have confirmed the "remove the cap" method, so next
time I attempt to do this I'll try a little harder. Thanks for the info.
There were some conflicting reports about whether that cover was really
a cover last time I wanted to remove the shift knob, so I didn't dig too
much.

  Of course, I simply altered the cool metal skull that I wanted to use
as a shift knob, and now it sits on top of my beer keg refrigerator as
a tap handle. Probably a better place for it anyway. ;)

  Thanks again,

  Ron