Re: RE: Tranny/Engine Oil cooler

From: Rader (rlr@rtp-bosch.com)
Date: Thu Sep 10 1998 - 09:17:38 EDT

> My sticker says "Engine Cooling: Heavy Duty" and when I asked the mech
> what that was he said that an oil cooler was added to the truck

  I got the HD Cooling package on my '95 as well, but since it is a 5-speed
it does not have the tranny cooler. I traced around and verified that my
truck has no engine oil cooler, although it does have the other HD Cooling
items (HD radiator, power steering cooler).

> I could only see three radiators (I'm assuming one is the A/C condensor)
> but I did notice that one of them had 2 feeds and 2 returns.

  Try tracing those lines and see where they go. I'd be really curious to
know if I can easily retrofit a factory part to add this item, if necessary.

  Thanks,

  Ron