It how big??

From: Thomas Vacchino (tommyv@thecia.net)
Date: Wed Sep 09 1998 - 12:15:36 EDT

Ok, I just got off the phone with a very pleasant man (Terry?) at
Proglass about the RAM air hood for my Dak. I got a '92 V-6 and the
first thing out of his mouth was, "non-functional"
Bummer, but wait. I say "I've got a open air (K&N)" and he says," it
won't work because the box is designed for a 14" element." I say,
"that's what I got" He was shocked to say the least!!
Ok after my lengthy monolog. Why is this strange? I ordered it straight
from the K&N book at my speed shop and according to the book for my DAK
it's a 14". Fits perfect by the way, no friggin' around in the least.
Hood closes fine, plenty of room all the way around. Does anyone else
use a 14", I know that most people I've seen are using a 10" I just
assumed this was for no particular reason other than preference????

"psychonaut"