Re: 4,166 Miles, 11 Days (Longish)

From: Beau Hale (sleepy@neteze.com)
Date: Fri Sep 11 1998 - 21:16:41 EDT

While randomly pounding on their keyboard janor@ican.net typed

>Glad to hear you had such a great trip. Jason and I went up to Algonquin
>for 10 days with his '95 4x4 and had a great time. Too bad that truck
>doesn't have A/C though. I've been through Michigan and it is pretty nice.
>This past weekend Jason and I took the '98 to Point Pelee which is just
>across Lake Erie from Sandusky, Ohio. We thought about a side trip to
>Windsor (which is just south of Detroit), but the weather was getting pretty
>harsh with Thunderstorms and a Tornado. Had to look out for the new Dak.
>It's pretty amazing to see so much of Canada that actually resides south of
>the U.S. You know, the Great White North and all. ;)

I recently moved from Maryland to California and made the trip in 4 and a
half days. I could have done it in three but I wanted to stop in Salt
Lake and Reno on the way. Wish I could have found a way throuh Montana
to test the top speed. However going through Nebraska at 3:30 in the
morning doing sustained runs (about an hour or so) at above 100 was
pretty nice. I though5t about no getting AC as an option and my wife
talked me into it. I think it was the right decision. Nevada was #$@%*
hot and the AC was nice.

L8R
Beau