Re: Starting problems

From: Dan Fox (dtfox@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Sep 13 1998 - 20:19:37 EDT

Tony Sarro wrote:

> On my 91 the damn thing would turn over forever but wouldn't start. Trying
> pulling the codes on the thing and see if you get a 42 i think it was.

Would pulling the codes do any good when the check engine light isn't
coming
on? I don't have much experience with codes, but I thought that the
engine
light was the signal to check the codes. Can I do this with a digital
multi-
meter or do I need a code scanner?

> This is for a Auto shut down relay. I too didnt have any voltage at the
> coil. So i changed out the coil and all the plug wires and it started right
> up. But the next morning nothing. It turned out to be a bad relay...the
> auto shut down relay it wasnt throwing over everytime. To try it out real
> quick your starter relay and Ac clutch relay should be the same mine were.
> i swaped over the ac clutch relay to the auto shutdown relay and it started
> fine. So i since bought the relay from my friendly local dodge dealer for
> 21 bucks and have never had any problem with it at all. Tell us if that
> works.
> Tony Sarro
> tonyms@acadiacom.net

I'll give it a try the next time it happens and let you know. Thanks,

Dan