RE: Gas Mileage with Tonneau Highway

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Mon Sep 14 1998 - 14:43:39 EDT

Seth,
I like the chryco tonneau too and was also wondering who made it... Be real
careful about the adjustment and also you may want to look at the inner
edges of the cover and remove and "bumps" left over from the chopper gun mfg
process with a grinder to avoid paint scratching (mine got scratched real
good and had to have the tailgate re-painted. ) I also put locknuts (double
nutted) & loctite on the adjustment screws to keep the scratching from
re-occuring. The lock is a Southco Item. You may be able to replace it
with a T-handle model If you can find a Southco contact. I like the T Key
since it leaves a sleek appearance (cap over the lock is a little obtrusive
and wimpy) once removed. All in All I guess Id reccomend this tonneau if
weight isnt your main concern.
BKB