Re: What does R/T stand for anyway?

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Thu Sep 17 1998 - 13:30:58 EDT

   That may well be so. Like I said, I'm unsure of why the US manufacturers
named the cars R/T or G/T here, but in Europe cars have had R/T and G/T
designations since the 30's (Check out Ferrari, Jaguar, and Maserati mags and
sites for specifics). So if US makers want to name them Road/Track or
Great/Trunk, I don't care. It seems to me like they are just applying
Euro-designations with thier own interpretation. To copy is to copy no matter
how you spell out the letters.

Shaun H.