RE: Re: Ram vs. Dakota

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Fri Sep 18 1998 - 19:16:42 EDT

     This thread has been going on so long (digest guy here so I'm a little
     behind the times) that even I have to throw my hat into the ring!!!

     Much to my shame, when I went shopping for a truck I was only
     interested in a full size F150 or up... I happened to go to a
     dealership that carried both Ford and Dodge trucks and after driving
     the Ford I found it too plain Jane for my tastes (even the XLT I
     thought was underpowered and had a clumsy and dated layout). The
     Ranger and S10 types were just out of the question (I didn't fit!).
     When I tried the Ram 1500 and up they were just too damn big for my
     purposes! I had never even heard of the Dakota until I saw one on the
     lot and asked, "what the hell is that?". Well, needless to say, after
     a couple of test drives I was sold! Power, performance, good looks,
     carrying capacity (I won't mention MPG here), it's tough to beat the
     Kota.

     Bottom line is, if you haul a shitload and work out of your truck
     everyday get a big Ram. If you need to haul a little less than a
     tractor trailer on occasion and like to maneuver in the city or off
     the road get a Dak!

     End of sermon!

     T.

     <snip>
>Bottom line: If you want a sporty truck with over 200HP, get the
     Dakota.
>If you want a big truck for heavy hauling, get the F150.

     Gotta differ with you here Russell. Try a Dodge 350 with a Cummins or
     V10
     if you want a heavy hauler. A Dak will haul what a Ford 1/2 ton can.

     Rob Agnew
     ragnew@islandnet.com