RE: RE: could be U joints...drivetrain

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Mon Sep 21 1998 - 11:31:55 EDT

Mike,
It does not sound like you have a U joint failure. I wouldnt worry too much
about them. You could do them anyways to be safe, but Id keep looking for
your vibes. If youve never done U joints before, A shop may be your best
bet. If your game, you can go to the library and check out a motors manual
for U joint replacement. I mainly requires a large hammer or press, some
large sockets, and patience. I would continue to look elsewhere. Do you
have a 2 piece drive shaft. If so, how is the center bearing?
BKB