RE:Re[2]: drivetrain

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Mon Sep 21 1998 - 11:28:13 EDT

   Tire 'belts' breaking wouldn't really show outwardly on a tire for quite
some time. Eventually, (one would think) all the belts would snap in that
general area and you'd start to see bulges in the sidewall as well as the
tread. That should be noticed by the tire folks.
   As far as bearings go, I am talking about wheel bearings, then U-Joint
bearings (itty bitty roller bearings inside), and suspension bushings (worn
ones can set up weird harmonics on certain roads). I don't think it would be
a bearing in the transmission (unless it's one inside the tranny) as this
would probably be noticed by an oil leak from the tranny rather than a
vibration.

Shaun H.