Re: Mopar Thoughts

From: Merullo (Merullo@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Sep 21 1998 - 11:04:00 EDT

The new Chevy trucks have more powerful engines, more rigid frames and a
smoother ride than both their predecessors and their competition --
including, unfortunately or not, the beloved Ram.

> Ram Pick Ups. What can I say. Chevy's "ALL NEW" 99's look so much
>like the previous model I wonder what is "ALL NEW". Looks like they changed
>some front end sheet metal slightly. Haven't read anything about any major
>changes in drive train. Ford took a shot, but I really have to say it's too
>pretty for a truck.
>
> Dakota. Anything out there even close????????? Gm and Ford are still
>playing with V6's. GM's V6 is rated with higher HP, but........

Yes, the Vortec V6 beats the Magnum V6 by at least 20 hp last time I
checked. And, whereas my 1993 Dakota is much roomier than any regular cab
S10 or Ranger of the same model year, the new Dakota traded some interior
space for the sleeker look, with the result that the cabs are now pretty
comparable among the three.

I think that Dodge has to continue to improve its trucks -- and the faster
the better.

Unfortunately, now that Daimler Benz is taking over Chrysler, it seems that
less and less resources will be made available for new development for
Dodge.

Mighty Mopar may face extinction soon, I'm afraid.