Re: Axle Ratios

From: jim miller (jmiller@texnet.net)
Date: Sun Sep 20 1998 - 15:41:48 EDT

The 3.92 is the lowest ratio available in a Dak and provides the quickest
acceleration and most towing capacity. Used with either a 5 speed or Auto it
will still allow your top speed to hit the 115 mph electronic governor and
will lower your gas mileage at speeds over 60 mph. I have a 98 Rc 318 Auto
with 3.92 Sure grip (a must) and I get about 14 mpg in town, about 20 mpg at
60 mph but about 15 mpg at 75 mph.
Jim in Waco.