Re: Re: New To DML

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Sat Sep 19 1998 - 22:04:31 EDT

> Hello Bill,
> I'm already happy with mine. :) The only thing wrong is that the paint is
> peeling off of the hood and top of the cab...factory default?? Anyone else
> have this problem? The only other thing is, that on occasion, the radio
> (factory) will cut off or not start at all....

Radio sounds like a short somewhere, could be internal or external.
You might want to check the grounding strap for it. I believe it is a
braided wire that attaches to the back of the radio. Been a while
since I pulled the dash face off but it's not hard. Just take all the
screws out and manuever it off. The radio is held in by two screws,
just take these out and the radio comes right out. I don't think a
fuse would cause that, usually a fuse is either good or bad no
in-between.

The paint... I don't know. A lot of people have had this problem, but
to tell you the truth my paint today looks like it is brand new
(except for the rock chips and dog scratches -- why do cats HAVE to
sleep on a car when they know the dogs are gonna try to get up there
to catch them?) But anyway, what color is yours? I think a lot of
blue colors have had this problem, someone else can help you more on
this though.

---Mike, (aint' got no more cats no more) near Houston.---
 My sig file=====> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/signature.txt
 My Dakota page==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/dakota.html
 Dakota Webring==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/webring/ring.html