Re: Paint Peeling

From: Weingart, Robert F (rweingart@lucent.com)
Date: Tue Sep 22 1998 - 12:15:44 EDT

Michelle-

The 800# is 800-992-1997. I had the best luck calling early in the day.
After that, it is pretty busy. You have to weave your way through some
voice mail menus. I believe the one you are looking for is customer service
(I don't remember exactly).
Have the last eight digits of your VIN number ready. Most likely the first
owners name will come up on the computer, so you will have to say that you
are the new owner and give them your info.
Tell them that you believe that there is a defect with the paint on your
truck. Tell them that despite regular cleaning and waxing, the paint has
peeled off the roof and hood.
What color is your LE? If it is blue you are set. If it is any other
color, you may have to gripe a little to get them to listen to you. If they
will not listen, tell them, "Look, I know that there is a problem with the
late 80's and early 90's CC paint and my paint is peeling off." They should
give you a file# to take to the dealer. You also have to tell them which
dealer you are going to.
If I could get 50% back on an '89 and my friend can get 100% on a '92, then
you should not have a problem.

Good Luck!
Rob Weingart
<<<

Hello All,
Ok, since we're on the subject of paint peeling (and I think I started that
anyway), what's the 800# to CC??? Do you think they'd help me in repainting
my '93 LE? If I have a chance of them helping me, what do I need to tell
them/ask for???? Thanks for any/all help...as that's the only thing wrong
with my Dak! BTW: Would they cover 50% even if I got the truck used???
(I've had the truck about 2 wks. or so now.) Thanks for all info.
Sincerely,
Michelle
'93 LE