RE: The Slick Stuff

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Thu Sep 24 1998 - 14:00:33 EDT

DML.
Ever notice that the Prolong commercials are using a mopar 273 to demo their
miracles?? I have life tested many 273s (my favorite motor and ancestor to
all magnums (llink)) I have driven many miles (must have been at least 40)
with the oil pressure guage reading 0 (after about 250K miles of fun on that
particular motor) and then stopped, put 4 quarts in and continued on. At
that point I was using only recycled dino products due to their impressively
low price, 30wt only... This motor was built with a .48 lift cam and 10.25
to 1 comp ratio. I never used an additive or synthetics, and I changed the
oil (when it was still there) every 6-10K miles... I find it hard to
believe the Prolong commercials since I know the 273 V8 and I know that it
can run on wishes (in fishes).
Bruce "65 barracuda" Bridges