Going racing Friday...need tips

From: Boog318@aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 24 1998 - 00:08:53 EDT

To all Ya'll (you guys,gals),
I'm taking my 4x4 up to the track, Cecil Cty. Dragway, on Fri. I would love
to have some tips on how I should run this hot rod pickup that I have. I
heard some one say to leave at the second yellow. I dont care about R/T I
want to know what I do in the 1/4.
Should I leave her in drive (slush box) or should i shift manually.
How should I go off the line. Normally If I dont baby her into a roll off the
line, I spin tires like crazy.
I have BF Goodrich Trailmaker Plus tires inflated to 41 psi now, what should I
deflate them to? Im thinking 28 psi.
Thanks for all your input (in advance)!
Boog
92 318/518 LE, FIPK, MP SBEC, JBA'S, 180 stat, 3.55 lsd diffs., no tailgate,
keeping the spare on, windows rolled up, will wax before I go, wont turn the
radio on, hoping to hit low 15's.