RE:Slick 50

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Wed Sep 23 1998 - 20:06:56 EDT

   I have done research on it for quite some time and heard most of the
arguments against it. Not a single one of them can explain our excellent
results. No so called "independent lab" tests will ever equal real life
experience. If it "blocked" oil passages it would've easily done so on my
VNTurbo Shadow (micro small oil channels). No blockage and my engine ran
cooler, got 2 mpg better, and I never once worried about shutting the car down
too quickly and leaving the turbo spinning in no lubrication. Just the
opposite is true, I put Slick 50 in the car at 9K and ripped the turbo system
apart to find a vacuum bug that was killing accelleration at 78,000 miles
(just before the poor thing died). There were no burn marks, no oil blow by,
and the bearings were solid with no play in them. A normal 78,000 mile turbo
would be far worse off. I attribute this all to Slick 50 and continued
treatments with teflon oil filters such as the Fram Double Guard.
   As for shortening life, we sold our Van at 260,000 miles. The engine was
tight as a drum and was never re-sleeved or had any work done on the block.
That thing ran forever. Compression was well above acceptable. It never
really changed after the Slick 50 went in.
   If you want to call it "Snake Oil" it's fine with me. It will always be in
my engines and I have real world catastrophe's that have been prevented by
this product. You don't have to put it in your car. These are just the
simple results my family and I have achieved.

Shaun "Slick 50 poster boy" H.