Re: Re: Benz merger......good or bad ?

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Wed Sep 23 1998 - 13:03:15 EDT

At 03:54 PM 9/22/98 , you wrote:

>Not trying to start a flame war , as I said , but if you had a business ,
>would you think that the Government should be able to tell you how to run
it ?

If you were a consumer (which you are) would you want the government to sit
back and do nothing while the company executives conspired to fix prices
and make you pay more for the product or service than it is worth? If
preventing companies from forming monopolies is "the government telling
people how to run their business", then I'm all for it. Monopolies bad.
Fairness good.

--
Mike Crumley  mcrumley@airmail.net
97 RC 3.9L V6   3.55 Auto  Rhino Liner

"I believe people would be alive today if there were a death penalty" -- Nancy Reagan