Re: Demons that lurk in the Dark

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Wed Sep 23 1998 - 13:26:46 EDT

At 04:35 PM 9/22/98 , you wrote:

> Interesting thing. Chrysler Corporation pioneered most of the modern
>technology for using Turbine Engines to power ground vehicles. This
>technology has sat dormant for a long time.

Who remembers the experimental turbine powered car that Chrysler developed
back in the 60s? I actually got a ride in one once. Contrary to what you
might think, it was very slow accelerating. However, once it got up to
speed, it could put a diesel to shame as far as power and towing.

> I'd like to see it make a come
>back now that there are new fuels and the "Energy Crisis" is over with.

New fuels? Correct me if I'm wrong, but turbines have always run on the
same thing, basically kerosene. And as far as your "Energy Crisis" being
over....well, we've got enough other discussions going on now. Let's save
that for later. :)

--
Mike Crumley  mcrumley@airmail.net
97 RC 3.9L V6   3.55 Auto  Rhino Liner

"I believe people would be alive today if there were a death penalty" -- Nancy Reagan