Traction Bars-Again

From: TXSTIM@aol.com
Date: Sat Sep 26 1998 - 13:22:17 EDT

I remember about a month or two ago that there was a good thread going about
installing Lakewood traction bars. I can see the messages when I search the
archives, but can't pull in the messages to read them. What difficulties are
encountered when installing the bars? Any tips for setting the bars (fore and
aft, or distance from spring to snubber)?

Are these the best choice? A few years back, I had a 340 Dart, and the guy on
the MP tech line told me to stay away from traction bars, because I'd break
parts. He suggested a pinion snubber instead. Unfortunately a pinion snubber
ain't gonna work on a truck. Is there a better way to stop wheel hop?