RE: RE: Respect the big 3

From: Craig Baltzer (Craig.Baltzer@anjura.com)
Date: Sat Sep 26 1998 - 02:32:46 EDT

Plus there are tons of cheaper ways to get 800hp. To build a 800hp GTS
motor is going to take $$$s and lots of them. They don't like more than
a 150 shot of NOS stock, and you can't exactly by internals (pistons,
valves, etc.) for them from Summit (and Summit doesn't have a stroker
kit for them either :-)). A 650hp version of the GTS motor is around
$25K + core (i.e. your motor) from the "cheap" tuners, ($30K if you buy
it from Hennessey). The Hemi crate motor (610hp) is prob. a better
starting point...

Still, those red Viper valve covers would look neat under the hood, and
the T56 6 speed trans would be nice :-)

Craig

Craig Baltzer - Anjura Technology Corp - Ottawa, Ontario
Craig.Baltzer@anjura.com - (613) 727-1411