Back from Houston...Arghhh!!

From: Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Sun Sep 27 1998 - 22:17:09 EDT

Hey DMLer's...

Just got back from Houston. I had a great time there. It was a blast!!
Lots of fun. Met a bunch of felow DMLer's. Nice to be able to meet you
guys and put faces with names.

Anyhow, @%$@#@*@$@$&&@*#@*#@*#&@*%@#*$%+&@*%$!!!!!!! My truck ended up
breaking down as soon as I got into town. I even changed the plugs in San
Marcos. Most of you will be gonna "Huh?" right now, but the guys I met in
Houston know what I'm talking about.

As soon as I got to Houston on Sat., my ignition started going haywire.
Misfiring, no power, etc. under 3000 rpm. I didn't know what was wrong.
My dad figured it coulda been a sparkplug thing. On Sunday morning I think
everybody told me to change plugs. On the way back in San Marcos, I did
that. I put in some fresh Autolites. No help. It got worse from there.
It shuddered, stalled, and backfired a bunch all the way home. I turned
off O/D all the way home to keep it at 3200. Gas milage was still in the
15's... It lived, though. I got into town(San Angelo), and stopped at a
light. After beginning to shudder away from the light, the damnn thing
just stalled. It restarted just and ran like it had been earlier, but when
it was put in gear, died!!!! Had to tow it home.

CAN ANYONE HELP??????!!!!!!!!!!!!! Had fun this weekend, besides the truck
$%#@!*% up and all.

Brian