Re: Oil sending unit

From: BJohn77777@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 28 1998 - 11:14:04 EDT

Eric,

1 1/16". The oil pressure switch/transmitter/ o heck...sending unit has
rounded corners so I was unable to use my 1 1/16" 12 pt socket...it just spun
and spun and spun...DARN!!! So I had to find the correct tool. SPX, the
Mopar special tool guys, wanted $25 for theirs. I found one at a local parts
store for under $7. Al's, Schucks, etc did not have the deep one. They are
too much into fast moving items, typical Big Guy attitude. I'll bet NAPA has
them as that was the first place I remember seeing them a few years back. The
one I got was from K-D Tools, not Lisle as I said in my post. It has the 1"
and 1 1/16" in one socket. The Lisle was sold out...same price tho.

Good luck!

Bruce (Oil pressure is pointing straight up now and not sleeping on the left
line any more) Johnson

<< Bruce, thanks a lot! Jon sent me a picture of it too. What size is the
 socket? 1"?
 Eric >>