RE: Houston DML meet WAS hurricane

From: STRICKLAND, Tate (tstricklan@shl.com)
Date: Mon Sep 28 1998 - 11:39:18 EDT

Good Job Mike!!! Good for you for trying to get more members too. I
wished I could have seen your trophies and wanted to talk to your
folks more, but I had to get my truck ready (to lose - BWAHAHAHA!!).
 Had to get out of there to do the battleship tour, and I'd been
eliminated in the slow electronics class, so my son and I left. Post a
pic of those trophies! I had a great time....and for me, I had a
great time - best of 15.379 (pardon the pun). Made it back to Dallas
in 3.75 hours with one stop for BBQ - used a tank of gas averaging at
least 85mph - 3.21 is nice on the freeway.

Your truck looks great, Mike, but the part I like about it the best
was the 15.113 - I know you were disappointed, but that's a damned
good time for a street truck in my book.

Let us know if everything was intact when you got home, Roderic -
certainly hope so.

It was FUN!!! Very glad I got to meet everyone.

Gene, tell your wife "FLY NAVY!" Good luck with you A/C too (Genes
A/C was a battle casualty).

FYI - I had my fan on by one or two threads on Sunday and forgot about
it and started the truck up. It spun it on TIGHT and is currently
welded to the water pump. Don't do that...... oops!

Thanks again to everyone.

Tate

 The DML also made quite a haul in prizes from the show. Gene took
 care of the race prizes (I don't remember what class that was in)
but
 I think it was electronics. Anyway he left with a nice trophy and
 $300 in cash. And my MarkIII claimed two show trophies. The first
was
 runner-up in Late Truck and the last was Best Small Block Engine!
 And I also did my part to get more DML members. Along with my
 webpage - which I displayed in a notebook on the engine - I had some
 DML flyers that people could take home...