Re: V6 Exhaust

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Wed Sep 30 1998 - 09:09:51 EDT

At 04:10 PM 9/29/98 , you wrote:

>Will putting a
>Flowmaster muffler in place of the stock muffler take too much back
>pressure away making it a slug off the line?

I would like to know about this myself. I've heard both yes and no. Would
assume it can't be both. More research needed.

> After putting the muffler on
>how long will the engine take to adjust itself to the new flow?

I assume you're asking about the computer. What year truck? Older ones take
longer to adjust that the newer ones. Best bet is to disconnect the neg
battery cable overnight to reset the computer then let it relearn everything.

--
Mike Crumley  mcrumley@airmail.net
97 RC 3.9L V6  3.55 Auto  Rhino Liner

Warning: Consumption of alchohol may actually CAUSE pregnancy