Re: RE: Late Daks w/o CATs

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Wed Sep 30 1998 - 09:28:56 EDT

At 06:11 PM 9/29/98 , you wrote:

><vent mode>

Here we go again :-)

> IMHO, (and ITHO of thousands of scientists), cars don't pose an
>emissions risk to the environment in the first place.

I won't ask who these "thousands of scientists" are, but it's not just the
(very real) environmental risks that are at issue. There are health
concerns also. Remember the brown haze that used to blanket L.A.? Ever seen
footage of the pollution that chokes Mexico City (where they don't have
pollution laws)? You might debate how much this affects the environment
overall, but there is no doubt that it poses a very real and dangerous
health risk.

>These EPA weenies have no idea what they're talking about,
>but they don't hesitate to pass legislation to restrict our rights
>based on their whims and power games. :-P

And now for today's junior high government lesson :-) The EPA is not a
legislative entity and has no power to pass *any* legislation. They may
propose regulations, but it is Congress (speaking of whims and power games)
which passes these regulations into law. I'm sorry that your right to
pollute the environment is being restricted, but what about the right to a
clean non-polluted environment?

Standard Disclaimer: Of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

--
Mike Crumley  mcrumley@airmail.net
97 RC 3.9L V6  3.55 Auto  Rhino Liner

Warning: Consumption of alchohol may actually CAUSE pregnancy