Re: Youngest Member -Reply -Reply

From: Michael Z-Sykes (MSykes@su.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 01 1998 - 21:34:56 EDT

>>> guess it's about time I invested in a
radar detector. I know they're illegal in a lot of places but I've seen them
where the owner took the assembly apart and installed the sensor in the
grill
and put the display built into the dash below the speedometer.<<<

That's a great idea, and I too have thought about doing that. But, here in
the Commonwealth of Va, they have detector detectors that detect your
detector before your detector detects their radar. They bust you before
you even know they are there! The Troopers that I've talked to say that
when there detector goes off, they turn the radar off, or switch to laser
and get ya' as you drive by by flashing the radar on then off really quick
and getting a reading right as you go by. All your detector tells you is that
you just got busted. Man, Va. sucks sometimes... =(

-mike d.