Re: Re: so low, or sky high??? -Reply

From: McStyer@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 02 1998 - 00:38:51 EDT

<< Subj: DML: Re: so low, or sky high??? -Reply
 Date: 98-10-01 22:35:38 EDT
 From: xcmtber@email.msn.com (Matt Heer)
 Sender: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet4.buffnet.net
 To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net

 What exactly is the sleeper look? >>

Imagine.....It's a nice sunny day, you're enjoying driving around doing your
business. You're stopped at a red light, politely waiting when a punk little
high school kid pulls up in his little souped up sports car. He's got the
radio blasting so loud you can't hear yours, he's chirping his tires to get
going. He'll yelling rude comments to nice little old ladies walking along
the side walk. If he was your kid, you'd be giving him a beating. You don't
like this. The kid needs to learn a lesson. You decide you'll be the one to
tach it to him. Punk kid looks at you and guns it in anticipation as the
opposing light turbs yellow. He's not even noticing you. Why should he?
You're in a truck, not even a fullsize so you can't have anything powerful in
your truck. Little does he know. Being the responsible one of this example,
you check traffic to see if you can safely go about your lesson (looking for
cops, bikers, etc.). As soon as the light turns green you launch your dak
across the intersection while the loud kid in the hot rod trys to catch up.
Low and behold he can't, he just met a Dakota.

As for the happy ending, the rambuctious youth changes his attitude, decides
to learn more about automotive science, starts getting better grades in
school, his life turns out all good, Thanks to that wise person in the
"sleepy" looking truck. :)

**Note: I was that obnoxious youth not too long ago, so I mean no offence too
anyone. And I still have a loud stereo, but since I started losing my hearing
at 18, I keep it turned down a bit.:)

Hope that answers your question.

Mike S.
1993 CC V6 5-speed Sport where subtley and simplicity are beautiful