RE:License Plate Lights w/ Roll Pan

From: Kevin Bonanno (kevin_bonanno@harvard.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 02 1998 - 12:20:51 EDT

I have a Summit roll pan waiting to be painted. for the liscence plate I
made a template of the holes in the stock bumper for the light mounts and
cut these holes into the roll pan's lisc plate mount. I am not a fan of
outside neon, so i used AutoMeter colored bulb covers, they look like
little condoms that fit on the bulbs in an AutoMeter guage, but i have
forced them onto my plate bulbs and even the interior lamp for a cool green
light inside. They look way better than neon and cost around $3 for a pack
of 3 and come in a few different colors. also i have green neon under my
dash that glows down onto the floor. ~kevin

>I've got a roll pan sitting in my room, been lazy about getting it
>painted/installed, when Gary Ludwick pointed out that I need lights over
>my rear license plate. Summitt has bolts with lights in them, for
>license plates, but have any of you w/ roll pans done anything
>different? I'd like something different, something new, like neon plate
>frames were 8 years ago.
>Thanks,
>Robert

Kevin