Re: Gtech

From: Terry Hebert (hebert1@windsor.igs.net)
Date: Sat Oct 03 1998 - 03:03:50 EDT

WillTier@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 10/1/98 5:31:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> mcc@negia.net
> writes:
>
> << Has anyone ever used of the the Gtech Plug-in Performance Testing
> Meters? Do they work? Have any info on them? JCWhitney has them for
> $123.95 right now. How good a price is that?
>
> Thanks for ALL the help,
> >>
> I was a little concerned that the one Whitney has is the old G-Tech
> not the
> Pro ???
> I have the Pro but haven't really used it as there not any place safe
> (from
> Cops) near where I live.
>
> Bill

  All this discussion of the G-tech got me riled up enough to go pull
her out and give her a blast. I live in the sticks and there's a lot of
open road around here to try it out. I limit myself to 0-60mph runs as
the posted limit is 55mph and 1/4 mile runs would greatly exceed that
figure. Anyways, my Dakota went 7.00 seconds,7.17 seconds, 6.99 seconds
& 7.04 seconds. That's with the stock goodyears & easing out the clutch
@ 1200-1500 rpm and them letting her rip. I know with bigger & better
tires that high 6's would be routine. As a side note, I was coming home
today & a five-litre mustang lx pulls up alongside with his exhaust
rumbling and wanting to go. He kept creaping up on the light revving
his motor and wouldn't come to a complete stop. I figure what the hell
and just let it rip. He got the jump on me and i FRIED the daylights out
of my rear skins. He pulled me by about 2 car lengths immediately but
once my tires bit then he didn't pull me any further & I wisely got out
of it at the top of 3rd gear. I know the mustang had a aftermarket
exhaust system but then so do I. Hope I've entertained a few souls.

BTW: I have a 98RegCab Sport 5spd V8 with 3.92 rear end with K&N filter
& Flowmaster muffler. Big mods there 8)))))))))))

Terry