Re: Body Lift (airbag?)

From: Jason & Norah (janor@ican.net)
Date: Sun Oct 04 1998 - 11:45:16 EDT

> Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 19:29:31 EDT
> From: Dkota4by4@aol.com
> Subject: DML: Body Lift
>
> Well, since it seems like noone is going to make a suspension lift for the 97+
> Daks (trailmaster has one, but none of their retailers can get them), l have
> decided to do a body lift for now. Does anyone on the list have a body lift?
> I am specifically interested in 97+ but would love to hear from anyone. Also,
> l need a source and cost for the lift. Is there one source that shines above
> the rest or are they all basically the same. I am looking for a 3 or 4 inch
> lift. Thanks for the info.
>
> Russ

I've read a few times that body lifts are absolutely not to be used on
vehicles with airbags. I've never heard why, though. Does anyone know if
this is for real, or are they just covering their assets?

As far as the body lifts go, I've heard that Trailmaster makes about the
best quality kit. Of course, you might run into the exact same problem
finding one.

I don't have a body lift, but haven't seriously considered it because of the
airbag question. I know that Brian Cleary and Walt Felix both have body
lifts, but theirs are '89 and '88 models (I believe). Pre-airbag, in other
words.

Jason